Detailed list of benefits
Here you will find a detailed list of benefits provided by PROVISIT-VISUM.
Health insurance benefits
Insurance cover – where medically necessary – is provided for:
- Outpatient medical treatment. To see which benefits are reimbursable, see the fee schedules (valid for
Germany) described below.
- Inpatient medical treatment including operations for the general care level without optional services.
Expenses for separately billable treatment by an attending physician equivalent to outpatient medical
treatment are reimbursable according to the fee schedules (valid for Germany) described below.
- Medicine, remedies and dressing material prescribed by a physician, except
for massages, medicinal baths and poultices.
- Medically necessary walking aids and rental of a wheelchair.
- Dental treatment for pain relief and simple fillings (plastic filling-material) as well as repair of existing dentures. To see which benefits are reimbursable, see the fee schedules (valid
for Germany) described below.
- Medically necessary transport to the nearest appropriate hospital for the purpose of inpatient treatment and treatment by an
- Medically necessary or prescribed return transport of an ill insured person from abroad to his/her permanent residence in his/her home country, as far as medical care is not guaranteed abroad and return transport is necessary within the course of reimbursable medical treatment.
- Repatriation of an insured person’s remains to his/her home country or funeral expenses in Germany up to
You will find a full description of benefits and benefit exclusions in the General Insurance Conditions.
Physician and Dentist Fee Schedules
The following benefits are reimbursable:
- Expenses for outpatient medical and dental treatment up to 2.3 times the rate of either the Physician Fee Schedule (GOÄ) or Dentist Fee Schedule (GOZ) valid in Germany; or up to 1.8 times the rate in case of
benefits pursuant to paragraph A, E or O of the GOÄ; or up to 1.15 times the rate in case of benefits pursuant to paragraph M and number 437 of the GOÄ.
Liability insurance benefits (if chosen)
Personal liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage.
Personal liability insurance coverage only applies if the insured person is not sufficiently covered by other
insurance policies (subsidiary coverage). Damages to motor vehicles caused by the usage of such vehicles are
excluded from insurance coverage.
Sums insured in liability insurance
You will find a full description of benefits and benefit exclusions in the Liability Insurance Conditions.
Accident insurance benefits (if chosen)
PROVISIT-VISUM provides the following accident insurance benefits:
Sums insured in accident insurance
You will find a full description of benefits and benefit exclusions in the Accident Insurance Conditions.